Echo Dot is a hands-free, voice-controlled device with a small built-in speaker—it can also connect to your speakers or headphones over Bluetooth or through a 3.5 mm audio cable to deliver stereo sound to the speakers you choose.
Dot connects to the Alexa Voice Service to play music, provide information, news, sports scores, weather, and more instantly.
After watching their Ads and reading some reviews I thought of buying a one for me, I thought it could be a really useful device with a lots of potentials and can be purchased for an inexpensive price tag.
So I bought it :).
Echo Dot (2nd generation) is fantastic in its size and capabilities, it can listen to me from a wide range not like Google Home.
I started playing with Echo Dot and set timers, set alarms, get weather info, ask basic questions, listen to music (like Prime Music, Prime Stations, songs I bought, etc), listen to radio, ask for jokes, turn things on and off were primary actions for the first use.
So here are the plus points and minus points.
- The sets of features exists in Echo Dot is amazing.
- It can hear me clearly even though the music is playing so loud.
- Price tag is in-expensive and worth the price you paid.
- It has a 3.5mm stereo audio jack.
- Very fast responses overall.
- Very limited warranty – only 90 days.
- Setting up is not easy on first use, you get connection issues on Alexa App, it is frustrating.
- Alexa App is very slow.
- When TV is on it can’t hear me or when multiple people talking.
Even though the Google Home is incredibly easy to set up the Echo Dot is not giving you much of worries, so it is worth the money you spend.
Here is a video from YourTechExplained a complete nice video review.