The fingerprint recognition feature on iPhone is Touch ID, that’ll allow you to unlock the iPhone easily and use iTunes and Apple Store or other Apps with just a touch of a button.
When it stops working, ah!!. You don’t want to do that, so here are the steps to fix that issue.
If stil no luck then try the following:
- Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS.
- Make sure that your fingers and the Home button are clean and dry.1 For the Home button, use a clean, lint-free cloth to wipe off any dirt or debris.
- Your finger should cover the Home button completely, touching the surrounding metal ring. While Touch ID is scanning, you shouldn’t tap too quickly or move your finger around.
- If you’re using a case or screen protector, make sure it doesn’t cover the Home button or the surrounding ring.
- Go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode and make sure that iPhone Unlock or iTunes & App Store is on, and that you’ve enrolled one or more fingerprints.
- Try enrolling a different finger.
- If you can’t enroll any of your fingers, take your device to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider, or contact Apple Support.