iCloud doesn’t back up text messages in all territories and for all phone operators. So if you do not have that option you are almost out of luck but may be think about using some 3rd party applications at your own risk. We’ll discuss that in a separate post.
If you have ever backed up your iPhone to iCloud follow the guide below to restore your text messages.
- First login to https://icloud.com.
- Click on Text Messages (if it isn’t there your messages haven’t been backed up).
- If it is there searched the messages to find the ones you need.
- Now go to your iPhone and choose Settings, iCloud on your iPhone.
- Turn off Text Messages.
- You’ll see a pop-up. Select: ‘Keep on My iPhone’.
- Now turn back on text messages.
- Tap ‘Merge’, and wait. After a few minutes the deleted text messages should appear back on your iPhone.
Hope this helps!.