Indexation can be vary to site to site but following are the most common questions regarding the indexing time and response time of a search bot.
- How long does it take to get Indexed.
- How long does Google take to Index a site.
- How fast does Google Index a site.
- Still not Indexed.
- How long does it take to get Crawled.
- How long does Google take to Crawl a site.
- How fast does Google Crawl a site.
- Still not Crawled
The broad answer is the time can be vary, as far as the time goes there is no set time in for Google to initially index your site. That does not looks fun.
There are some key factors thought:
- Popularity of the site (Whether it has any links to it)
- Whether the content is Crawl-able (Server Responses and Content type)
- Site structure (how pages interlink)
If you did it right then, it is possible for the site to be crawled/indexed within 4 days to 4 weeks.
In some cases but still it may take longer.
Things to do to check/ensure that things are “optimal” for crawling/indexing
Check Server responses
Pages should return 200/OK responses. Use tools like https://tools.pingdom.com/ to check the response.
Have actual “content”
Use “normal” links
Submit the site
NO – Verification is NOT the same as Submitting. To submit your site – use the URL Submittal tool https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/submit-url?continue=/addurl
If at all possible, have a few links to the site from other sites. These links should be from related/topical/relevant sites. These links should be from quality/trusted/popular/
Verify your site
Sign up for a Google Webmaster Tools account. This does NOT mean the same as Submitting your URL! This MAY NOT improve the chances of getting crawled/indexed. This can help in discovering/locating/
Provide a Sitemap
This is completely Optional! Sitemaps do NOT guarantee getting Crawled/Indexed.
Sitemaps MAY NOT increase your chances of getting crawled/indexed, nor improve the speed/rate.
Common Problems/Causes for initial Crawling/Indexing
Poor Server responses
– The server sending Bad Responses (404/410/500 etc.),
– The server being Slow/Timing out (taking ages to acknowledge/reply to the server request),
– Having Excessive Redirect Strings (Redirect from URL A to B, to C, to D etc.),
…may result in the initial crawl getting stuffed.
that fail to resolve or that have major issues can cause problems.
Really shoddy code/markup
such as seriously malformed <head></head> sections etc. can cause problems.
– being malformed,
– being incorrectly setup,
– not returning a proper response code,
…can cause crawling issues
People may have unwittingly blocked bots, included multiple/additional robots tags and unknowingly be denying bots to ability index/follow pages.
- Please, before deciding that your site is Not Indexed …
- Be aware that information/data in the Google WebMaster Tools (GWT/GWMT) may not be “accurate”. (It is known to be out of date / out of synch in many cases)
- To check for your site in the Search Engine Results,
- Please use the Site: operator = in Google search, in teh search box, type in site:www.yourdomain.tld or site:yourdomain.tld)
- Try doing a search for the <title> of a given page using quotes around it ( “your pages title” )
- Try doing a search for a snippet of “unique” content using quotes ( “just copy and paste a short sentence of so from one of your pages” )
- If requesting help/assistance/information regarding your site and getting crawled/indexed – PLEASE supply relevant information.